August was an extremely busy month for us, so there aren’t as many updates, I’m afraid. The kids are back in school, I’m catching up on art commissions, and the first video needed to be finished. We squeezed in a few updates around the site, so here’s what we added in August!
- I think the biggest thing we completed was our first video and uploaded it on YouTube. The script for the next episode is underway and will cover a lot about the First Grader version of Unico. If you haven’t seen the latest video yet, and are curious, here it is:
- Fixed a few grammatical errors on the website. It’s amazing how long some of this stuff is up until we notice.
- Added two more handkerchiefs to the Unico Handkerchief section. One from around 1983/84, and the other from 2022 by FEILER.
- The Dr. Pinoko’s Forest Adventure Picture Book was added to the Publication page. Somehow we forgot to add it when we redid the page. It’ll be in the “Children’s Book” section. We’ll be adding the Tezuka Moderno children’s books soon.
- Added the Osamu Tezuka’s Last Mystery of the 20th Century DVD in the Unico Blu-rays and DVDs section of the site. Since Chao and Unico appear in them as background characters, we wanted to include the DVD on the list. They broadcast the animation during ABC’s 50th anniversary on December 5, 2000 and we completely forgot Unico was in the film.
- Since we added the Last Mystery DVD to the site, we also updated Unico and Chao’s profiles to note their appearances in the animation.
- Added the Unico Shirts page to the Clothing section of the Merchandise Museum. Will continue to add more to that page as there’s been a ton of shirts released over the years.
- Three 80s bags have been added to the Unico Bags page. While these are simply scans, we absolutely love the older designs and wanted to share them with everyone. We have a few other 80s bags to add as well but will get to them as soon as possible.
Thanks for checking out the updates! If there is anything you’d like us to research or look into, please contact us! We hope you enjoy visiting. To stay up to date on any news or updates, please check back often or follow our Facebook page! We do monthly updates on the first of each month, so definitely stop by!